Monday, September 7, 2020

Johnny Mercer Henry Mancini - Moon River

 After I posted that radio play that used the name of the song I realize I was going to have it going through my head over and over again till I did something about it.

I've posted this version of it before,  the lyricist Johnny Mercer who was rare in that he was also a very fine singer and the composer, Henry Mancini doing a demo of the song that they wrote for Audry Hepburn to sing in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's. 


I used to say that Audry Hepburn's non-singer singing of it was the best version till I heard Johnny Mercer sing it. Knocks ol' Blue Eye's crooning of it out of the water.   I prefer a singer to sing words as if they meant something.  Mercer knew how to do that, so many didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment